If you are an avid TikTok fan, you have probably seen the trending healthy keto ice cream recipe. Not only is it low in calories but also in carbs and sugar. At the same time, it is high in protein, healthy fats, and other important nutrients such as phosphorus, potassium, calcium, and vitamin B12. This makes it a much healthier alternative to store-bought ice cream.
Healthy Cottage Cheese Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 Food Processor/Blender
- 1 Freezer-Safe Bowl With Lid
- 1 Spatula
- 2 Cups Cottage Cheese
- 2 Tblspns Honey/maple syrup/low-calorie sweetener syrup such as Lakanto sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 Teaspn Vanilla extract
Mix Ins (Optional)
- Chocolate chips
- Crushed buts
- Frozen berries
- Add the cottage cheese, sweetener of choice, and vanilla extract into a food processor or blender and puree them until you get a creamy and smooth mixture.2 Cups Cottage Cheese, 2 Tblspns Honey/maple syrup/low-calorie sweetener syrup, 1 Teaspn Vanilla extract
- If you do not have a food processor, use a hand blender and puree all the ingredients in your freezer-safe bowl, then add your mix-ins.
- Transfer the mixture into your freezer safe bowl and add your mix-ins.Chocolate chips, Crushed buts, Frozen berries
- Then, put the mixture in the freezer for at least 4 hours for a firmer ice cream texture. For soft-serve texture, freeze it for at least 2 hours. Six hours of freezing will give you the same texture as store-bought ice cream.
- For the firmer texture of ice cream, let it thaw for 5-10 minutes before scooping.