Walking in the water at the beach sounds like a dream until you step on a rock or a shell, and then it all comes to a violent stop. Protecting your feet is essential when walking in the streets, at the beach, and doing various water sports.
Water shoes are necessary since they ensure that your feet are protected without the added weight. They are light and often made using non-absorbent material, so there’s hardly any extra weight.
Why Should You Wear Water Shoes?
You can get a few benefits from water shoes, so you should consider buying some.
If you have been to a regular beach, you know it is easy to step on some sharp objects and sometimes the sand can get too hot. Water shoes have comfortable soles that will protect your feet against all these. You can even take them in the water, where they protect against stepping on shells and rocks.
If you do a bit of hiking close to the beaches and waterfalls or get on a boat, it is easy for you to slip and injure yourself. The soles usually have excellent traction that will enable you to do all these things without the extra weight of regular shoes.
It can get quite cold in the water, especially during cool days, which can freeze your feet. If you are walking along a river, you need to keep your feet warm; otherwise, walking becomes uncomfortable.
You have nothing to lose by wearing water shoes while enjoying yourself close to the ocean or lakes. They are lightweight, and they drain pretty quickly. In addition, the extra support they offer your feet will improve your performance and allow you to spend more time in the water.
When Should You Wear Water Shoes?
Some people wear water shoes as their regular shoes since they are so comfortable and lightweight. However, if you want to wear them for the purpose they were made, you should wear them when:
- Fishing: you will spend a lot of time in and close to water. If you are out on a boat, it is common for water to get in while getting your catch, so you need water shoes. They will protect your feet from injuries while providing drainage so you can be light on your feet.
- Water sports include aerobics, which people could benefit from the extra support. You must have an excellent grip not to slip and potentially injure yourself. Regular shoes would be too heavy and will ultimately affect your performance.
- Trekking: if you are hiking in wet areas with streams, rivers or waterfalls, you need light shoes with excellent traction. It ensures that you can perform optimally without the extra weight of hiking boots.
- Running: running in wet areas or the rain would not be easy with your regular trainers. This is because they will absorb too much water. However, you can get comfortable water shoes with the necessary support that won’t interfere with your workout.
- Kayaking: you need to be as light as possible for rafting or kayaking. Water shoes are essential since they drain quickly. They also give the required support since you may need to walk on rocky surfaces.
What Should You Look for in Water Shoes?
Water shoes come in different shapes, quality and durability. It is easy to go for the first option you get; however, you should put some more thought into the process.
Various designs are available for you, such as slip-on or laced-up. The slip-on shoes are excellent for walking on water or fishing when you need something light. The laced ones are better when hiking, kayaking and generally intense activities.
Most shoes are made using a mesh material at the top and rubber bottom. The mesh can be a bit heavy, depending on the shoe. For example, rubber and silicone top is more lightweight since they don’t absorb water. However, if the top is made using cloth fibre, it may retain water.
Some are a bit softer since they are made for lightweight use. However, if you want to walk or hike on rocky terrains, you need shoes with excellent traction. It may mean getting a thicker sole; some companies offer soles of different sizes of the same shoe. This will ensure that your feet don’t get injured and so you don’t slip and fall.
Can You Swim in Water Shoes?
You can swim with water shoes if you wish; however, it may make it unnecessarily cumbersome. While water shoes are light and drain quickly, they are not entirely weightless. As a result, they will drag you down and make a swimming complex, and you could even strain your legs, leading to injury.
Can You Wear Water Shoes As Regular Shoes?
Yes, you can. Most water shoes will function if you like comfortable and functional shoes for running errands. They work in and out of the water, and you have the advantage since they are quite light. You also benefit from the fast draining, especially if your feet sweat. However, ensure that the sole is thick enough for everyday functions since you need protection from the hot streets and roads.
Can You Wear Water Shoes in the Pool?
You can, but most times, it is unnecessary. You should wear water shoes in the pool if you need some traction not to slip. This can be during water aerobics or when training someone to swim. However, it is better to wear water shoes out of the pool.
Check this too: How to Sanitize RV Fresh Water Tank
Do some research when buying water shoes to ensure they serve your needs. You can have several pairs for different activities. Be sure to check reviews to understand better what you are buying. Ensure that you also get the best fit; otherwise, the shoe will not be practical.
House generators are quite expensive. Therefore most homeowners try to cut down costs wherever possible, bypassing the recommended installation procedure. Ideally, connecting a generator to any...
With Georgia's plans to promote affordable and inclusive housing, the state government is slowly welcoming the tiny house community. However, due to strict and confusing zoning codes, many tiny house...