For your outdoor activities like camping, savouring hot meals go a long way in bettering the experience. Knowing that you do not have to sustain on cereal bars is intriguing and incredible. Now you have no reason not to go camping if what to eat was your primary concern.
Technology innovations have been cutting edge in this modern age, making stoves even for campers. How cool is that! Gone are the days you would use firewood to warm a pre-cooked meal. With the camping cookers in the market, you can comfortably make a meal from scratch. Getting a camping cooker may not be an issue. Your main concern may be which one to buy.
In this article, you will get vital information to help make the best buying a camping cooker. You will learn Jetboil and Pocket Rocket’s strengths and weaknesses and which is ideal for you.
Pocket Rocket Stove
The new design of Pocket Rocket Stoves is the next-gen PocketRocket 2. This cooker comes in a high-performance design that is smaller and lighter than the original.
Pocket Rocket Strengths
- At just 73g, this stove is ultralight.
- It is fast and can boil a litre of water in 3.5 minutes.
- It has exceptionally compact folding pot supports that are small when packed.
- The pot supports are strong and offer adequate stability
- It can accommodate more vessels like kettles
- It has a windshield that allows a steady flame in windy conditions
- It comes in an ultralight hard carry case
- It runs on an isobutane-propane fuel mixture
- It is high quality and easy to use
- It has adjustable flame controls that allow you to cook your meal from a slow simmer to a rolling boil and vice versa.
- It has serrated pot supports for extra pot stability
- It is compatible with other fuel canisters
Pocket Rocket Weaknesses
- Its burn time on a continuous and maximum flame is 60 minutes for the 8 oz canister. Ideally, an 8-ounce fuel canister burns continuously on maximum flame for almost three hours. This info helps you quickly calculate how long your fuel canister can last.
- Its support pots are easily breakable.
- It does not last long.
Jetboil Camping Cooker
Jetboil is one of the most dependable camping cookers for all your camping needs. Whether you want to heat a precooked meal or make a complex dish on the go, Jetboil is the way to go.
Jetboil Cooker Strengths
- Jetboil cookers allow you to optimise the cooker’s speed and control and help build cooking systems to fuel your journeys, making it the best backpacking stove on the market.
- The cookers fit into two categories, namely precision cooking or fast boil. A fast boil offers a fast and consistent boil time. The Fast boil cooker is lightweight and efficiently prepares coffee, soups, dehydrated meals or boiling water. Precision cooking allows you to make a meal from scratch, including complex recipes, as long as you have the necessary ingredients. These cookers are versatile and have simmer controls that allow you to adjust the fuel flow to ensure consistent heating.
- They have pot supports to accommodate your camping cookware.
- They run on an isobutane/propane fuel mixture and are designed for minimum consumption and maximum efficiency. You can use the liquid or gas mode depending on the weather conditions.
- Its 100g fuel canister can last between 2 and 3 days depending on usage.
- The cookers are light.
- They come in different varieties and are available for cooking for one or a group.
Jetboil Cooker Weaknesses
- Liquid fuel stoves are heavy and require significant maintenance
- They are significantly impacted by elements like weather and lack of fuel
- They are not known to be compatible with any other fuel canisters other than Jetpower
Jetboil Cooker categories
Jetboil cookers come in different varieties:
- Backpacking stove for boiling featuring a cooker that boils in seconds
- Backpacking stove for cooking which offers convenience when cooking and allows you to make meals
- Ultralight backpacking stove that is minimalist in weight and size and offers a versatile cooking experience
- Backpacking with a stove for one or two people allows you to have company when camping.
- Backpacking stove for groups which allows you to share meals with other people.
- The pocket Rocket cooker is high quality, making it ideal for hikers looking for a backup cooker, high-quality tiny equipment, or those buying a camping stove for the first time.
- Because it is compatible with other self-sealing fuel canisters, it is ideal for worldwide travel without a canister.
- Its ease of use makes it a favourite to many.
- Its control valve is easy to turn off even if you wear gloves.
- It costs relatively less than Jetboil.
For those looking for a variety, Jetboil is the best fit.
Check this too: Why is My Induction Cooktop Not Working?
If you are looking to make the ultimate buying decision, consider the pros and cons of each and see which brand outperforms the other. Having looked at the strengths and weaknesses of each, I feel that the Pocket Rocket camping cooker takes the day. With all its features, what’s not to love about it.
The propane system makes your RV convenient, cozy, and comfortable. It enables you to heat your RV during cold nights, operate your gas-fueled appliances, and allows you to have warm showers while...
Keeping your RV warm is a priority if you plan to spend winter in it - or at least part of the cold nights. While insulation will play a critical role in keeping the cold out, you will need some...