It can be a struggle to store your food and keep it fresh when you live off the grid with minimum access to most amenities. Most people living off grid tend to opt for energy saving appliances. Normal refrigerators may not work for off-grid situations. Fortunately, there are several options for people living in such areas. Check out the following examples mentioned below.
Top 4 Best Off-Grid Refrigerators
Owning a refrigerator even when you live off the grid gives homeowners a lot of peace of mind. The anxiety of worrying about food going bad or spoiling is eliminated.
What’s more, you may also need to preserve your food when on the move, especially if you are fond of taking trips in your truck or are always on the move because of work-related engagements. Fortunately, there are several options for refrigerators that work perfectly. These include:
RCA RFR320-B-Black-COM RFR321 Mini Refrigerator
Starting off the list is this cute black mini refrigerator that is perfect for small areas. It comes with a reversible door that easily and conveniently fits in any spot around the house. Those concerned with aesthetics will love its glossy finish. This stand-alone fridge is excellent for off-grid users who want something functional and cute without the pressure of finding a large space to fit it into.
- Comes with a compressor cooling system for excellent function even when the weather is hot
- It is versatile, thanks to its adjustable level feet and thermostats
- It has a simple design, considering that it has one button that regulates temperature.
- It is versatile
- Easy to keep even in small spaces
- The alternative color options are pricier
- Wasted space. A soda can storage compartment that is not removable
Whynter FM-45G 45 Quart Portable Refrigerator
You have to live off the grid to appreciate this freezer. This multi-purpose freezer is excellent for car, home, and camp use. You do not have to buy different refrigerators for the different scenarios when you can have one serving all of them. It is also flexible since it can be used as both a refrigerator and freezer. If you are looking for something that you can use both at home and when you are on the move, this is the ultimate choice.
- Has a capacity of 45 quarts or 60 cans
- Comes with an adjustable temperature range with an LED temperature display and fast freeze modes
- Works as both the refrigerator and freezer
- Is 65 watts
- Is pretty quiet
- Strong and durable
- Too heavy for its size and thus may be cumbersome
- Small LED lights
Galanz GLR10TRDEFR Retro Refrigerator
Just because you live off the grid does not mean that you want to settle for less attractive items. The Galanz Retro refrigerator is an excellent choice for users who want something popping. It comes in red, with a glossy finish. It also has a classy design that will make it stand out in your home. What’s more, it also has the perfect size that makes it suitable for any room, no matter how small.
- Has removable glass shelves
- It uses an R600a high-efficiency and low-energy consumption compressor
- It has an adjustable electrical thermostat control
- It measures 23.74*27.48*61.81in, with a capacity of 10.0 Cu. Ft
- It is energy efficient
- Allows for separation of food types
- Cheap and easy to set up
- The refrigerator may not be frost-free
- Beware of faults because it is not eligible for returns
ICECO VL60 Dual Zone Portable Refrigerator
The ICECO VL60 is the other versatile refrigerator that off-grid users will find useful. This refrigerator works perfectly for both home and car use. If you have been worried about finding a lasting solution that will serve you for years after purchasing it, then this is the go-to fridge.
It comes with an insulated protective cover that shockproof, making it possible for the refrigerator to withstand all environmental variations. Many attest to the fact that it is the best truck refrigerator one can buy.
- A sturdy and a long-lasting platinum pant shell
- Its size is 18.8 inches in height, making it a perfect match for a pick-up truck tonneau cover
- Comes with In-built AC adapters that are multiuse
- Has a sizeable duo-zone design
- It has an advanced compressor and R134a-CFC Free refrigerator gas
- Excellent quality and strong build
- Affordable with no quality compromises
- It has no cover. While it does not come with a cover, there are no alternative covers available in the market as well
The Bottom line
Whichever refrigerator or freezer off-grid users go for will depend on several things, including the cost of the product and its availability. Most people will buy based on their needs and potential use.
While some may go for freezer and refrigerator options with dual-use, others may want single-use refrigerators. The four examples given above should help users have somewhere to start their research.
Choose wisely, considering all your uses ranging from the truck, home, and camping needs. One refrigerator may serve you well, depending on what you need. Remember to factor in the demerits as you purchase because you need to get value for money.
Maytag is a Whirlpool brand usually known for its great washing machines, but their refrigerator line is no exception. They make some of the most sturdy and reliable refrigerators in the market....
There are so many water filters available in the market. But the type you need depends on what functions you want a filter to provide; filters don't eliminate all contaminants. The KitchenAid...