Broccoli is an amazing vegetable with a slightly different texture, appearance, and appeal from traditional leafy vegetables. Despite its seemingly delicate appearance, it’s a versatile vegetable that you can prepare in many ways without sacrificing any of its nutritious value.
Off the bat, broccoli is choke full of fiber, vitamins, some proteins and rare minerals. Eating it slightly steamed or sauteed reduces the chances of denaturing most of the vitamins hence making it more beneficial.
This simple vegan broccoli salad takes all this into account giving you a simple, crunchy and delicious salad that you can enjoy to your heart’s fullest content.
You can’t go wrong with the amounts of the ingredients. This varies depending on the flavor you want. The broccoli should dominate. Use more grapes for a tangier taste or more parsley and other herbs to give it a catchy herb flavor.
If you are in a hurry, you can consume it after an hour even though it can keep in a cold place (a fridge but not freezer) for up to five days.
- Red onion
- Fresh parsley
- Raw or slightly roasted husked sunflower seeds (optional)
- Dice up the broccoli and cucumbers into bite sized chunks
- Cut the grapes into halves
- Slice the onions into fine pieces or into rings
- Chop up the parsley
- Toss all the ingredients into a big mixing bowl and add the sunflower seeds
- Add your favorite homemade or commercial salad dressing
- Toss the salad to mix everything evenly
- Stick the salad into the fridge or a cold place for at least 100 minutes to let the flavors seep. You can let it lie overnight for better results